Clubhouse Group
Q

University Area Locations

Q

Southeast Edmonton

Q

Central Edmonton

Q

Outside Edmonton

La Perle, Edmonton

Home 9 Communities 9 La Perle Real Estate

La Perle is in west Edmonton and is a residential neighbourhood. Named after a general store operator named EJ La Perle in the early 20th century.

The community is served by the La Perle community league, and established in 1983, maintaining both an outdoor rink and a community league. The location of the hall and rink is at 97A Avenue and 186 Street.

Latest La Perle Property Listings

Search/Filter Properties


LOADING

Interested?
Your Favourites

 

No Favourites Found

 

Demographics

The City of Edmonton carried out a municipal census in 2012 and registered 5,122 people living in 2,025 dwellings in La Perle. This statistic was a negative 1.7% change from the figure recorded in 2009 of 5,212. The land area of La Perle is 1.34km2 (0.52 miles2), making its population density of 3,822.4 people/km2 in 2012.

Housing and Development

As stated in the 2001 federal census, the majority of the residential development in the neighbourhood happened in the 70s and 80s. Approximately one in four residences (26%) were constructed between 1971 and 1980. The residences that were built between 1981 and 1990 amount for around six in ten (62.9%). Most of the substantial residential development for this community was completed in 1995.

According to the City of Edmonton’s 2005 municipal census, the most common style of residential home was a single-family dwelling. These make up close to half (49%) of all the residences in La Perle. One in six (16%) of all the homes in the neighbourhood are row houses, and around one in eight (13%) are duplexes that also measure triplex and 4-plex buildings. Just over one in five (22%) are rented apartments and apartment style condominiums that consist in low-rise multi-family homes comprising of fewer than five stories. A large number of residences in the community are owner-occupied, making up around seven out of ten (69.9%) and the rest (30.1%) are rented out.

Schooling And Location

The La Perle Elementary School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System is the one school that is located in the neighbourhood.

The largest mall in Canada, the West Edmonton Mall, is located to the southeast of La Perle, in the community that is named Summerlea.

The boundaries of La Perle to the west is Anthony Henday Drive, to the north is 100 Avenue, 178 Street is on the east, and the south by 95 Avenue. The Anthony Henday is a ring road and gives easy access to most parts of the perimeter of the city including the Edmonton International Airport. If access to the downtown core and MacEwan University is required, 100 Avenue which passes through the neighbourhood connects to these locations.

LET'S DISCOVER THE POSSIBILITIES.
Contact us to get your FREE NO-HASSLE CONSULTATION!